RE: Strange connectivity problem!

From: Douglas M. Todd, Jr. (dtodd@partners.org)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 15:09:30 EST

Sounds like the printers are going into some type of powersaving
mode. This causes link establishment to be lost. Then upon wakeup
the switch which must go through the negotiation for speed and duplex
and then listen/learn/forward stage on the switch causes connectivity
issues.

Resolution:

on the switch use portfast for all HOST only ports
        int fastx/x
        spanning-tree portfast
on the switch and printer force speed/duplex.
        int fastx/x
        speed 100|10|auto
        duplex full|half

==DMT>

- ----SIGNATURE------
Douglas M. Todd, Jr.
CCNP
Network Engineering
Partners Health Care
Building 149
149 13 Street
Charlestown, MA 02129-200
Tel: 617.726.1403
Email: dtodd@partners.org
PGP Finger Print: 9429 CAE3 B2D1 C2E1 DFBC E7A6 E90A 9BE5 C7B6 47BC
Key
available:http://keyserver.pgp.com:80/pks/lookup?op=get&exact=off&sear
ch=dtodd%40partners.org
Verisign S/N: 3ff65cdf58b9dceda004baeed49e16cf
https://digitalid.verisign.com/services/client/index.html

<mailto:Email:pmehta@trabonsolutions.com>
Tel: (816) 276 2500 ext: 519