Re: [nsp] Good IOS for 2620 with NM-4T1-IMA PPPoE / ATM

From: dre (andre@operations.net)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 18:06:05 EST

I personally have a hard time understanding why you think that anybody
will read your post and listen to your thoughts just because your name
has a CCIE after it.

For those of us who actually do that stuff (following through with
insights/ideas/problems/issues) we call networking, I consider any CCIE
who doesn't an instant threat. Primarly because that means they are
getting paid more money pretending to be something they are not.

It's also about sharing of information and industry feedback. That's
why I think that maybe the CCIE who posted about IOS for his 2620
might not be all bad. However, I'd like you to know that there is
a perception out there that CCIE's are stupid moronic individuals
that know nothing about networking or even computers at all.

I think we all know why it ended up this way. CCIE's labelled non-CCIE
network engineers as "below" them. They started the whole us vs. them
mentality. They created the conflict between CCIE's and non-CCIE's.

When some of the non-CCIE's found out that some CCIE's were far, far, far
below them in terms on just general intelligence, but especially ability
to talk to peeople and read stuff like release notes, an informal, covert
uprising started. That's where this perception comes from.

-dre