RE: [nsp] Cisco remote ping.

From: Sergio Ramos (sramos@gibnet.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 09:03:56 EDT

Hi!

The Ping MIB is quite helpful, we use it from a Perl script to gather
information for MRTG and provide some sort of service level agreement
statistics for our customers showing round trip times and packet loss.
However, I don't think you can specify the source address.

CiscoPingEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    ciscoPingSerialNumber INTEGER,
    ciscoPingProtocol CiscoNetworkProtocol,
    ciscoPingAddress CiscoNetworkAddress,
    ciscoPingPacketCount INTEGER,
    ciscoPingPacketSize INTEGER,
    ciscoPingPacketTimeout INTEGER,
    ciscoPingDelay INTEGER,
    ciscoPingTrapOnCompletion TruthValue,
    ciscoPingSentPackets Counter,
    ciscoPingReceivedPackets Counter,
    ciscoPingMinRtt INTEGER,
    ciscoPingAvgRtt INTEGER,
    ciscoPingMaxRtt INTEGER,
    ciscoPingCompleted TruthValue,
    ciscoPingEntryOwner OwnerString,
    ciscoPingEntryStatus RowStatus,
    ciscoPingVrfName OCTET STRING
    }

Be careful! You need to set up a RW SNMP password on your device.

Sergio.