[nsp] broadcast limit on Cat3500XL switches?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 10:40:17 EDT

Hi,

our big iron catalysts (550x) have the nice and helpful command
"set port broadcast m/n 5%" to limit broadcast traffic originating from
that port to 5% of the available (port) bandwidth.

Which is a very good thing :-) - in our sceneario, there is hardly any
broadcast traffic except ARP, and everything exceeding a mbit is an
error, and the port shall be throttled.

Now I've been looking for a similar feature on the 3500XL, but can't find
anything - does it mean it's not there, or I just looked in the wrong
place?

thanks!

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/