Re: [nsp] Default bandwidth/Delay of different interfaces

From: Stephen Sprunk (ssprunk@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 17:55:52 EDT

Thus spake "Kent Yu" <kyu@opnet.com>
> I am trying to gather some information on the default bandwidth
> and delay of different interfaces. The IOS manual gives some samples
> of the "show interface" command where I got some useful values, but
> it only covers very limited types of interface, I cannot find anything
> about PA or POS etc.., is there a place I can find a list of bandwidth
> and delay of all interfaces?

The default bandwidth is normally the maximum media rate of that interface. The
default delay is normally the reciprocal of the default bandwidth (in units of
0.01ms).

You realize these numbers are only used by routing protocols to determine
metrics, right? If you tell us why you're looking for this information, we may
be able to give you a more useful answer.