Re: Packet loss problem

From: Steve Pfister (srp336@optimum.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 18:25:32 EST

> > I've got a packet loss problem I can't seem to figure out. On the network

I've got a further bit of information on this problem that we're having.
The major part of the network in question is several Cisco routers attached
to a Catalyst 3516 Ethernet switch. All of the routers show little or no
input or output errors, and this is not increasing much over time. The
switch, however, is showing input errors on nearly every port that's in
use. The vast majority of these errors are frame errors. Most are
increasing with time (one increases about 4000-5000 errors per hour). One
port that's connected to a Sun workstations show no input errors, but
several output errors (increasing with time). What might this mean?

Thanks!

--Steve