No RED or WRED in 12.0S??

From: Steve Lilley (slilley@thrupoint.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 20:18:47 EDT

Imagine my surprise when I wanted to enable RED on a couple of
saturated T1 links, only to discover that it's not supported on
the "S" (Service Provider) releases! Can this be true? It seems
like the Service Providers are the customers who would be able to
make the most of RED...after all, we're running only IP.

Cisco TAC says we need 12.0T (yuk), 12.1 mainline, 12.1E, or
12.1T. What gives? Isn't anyone using this? It sure sounds
like a great idea. Of course, the big problem is that only
TCP responds to drops.

Regards,
Steve Lilley
ThruPoint