Re: [nsp] Multi-Homing without BGP

From: Tony Tauber (ttauber@genuity.net)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 15:47:31 EDT

> It would be nice if cisco made it impossible to point static
> routes out multidestination interfaces.

While doing this is most typically just a mistake,
there might be scenarios where just this behavior can get
you out of a jam. Just think of it as one more item on the
tool belt and file it under "hacks". 8-)

I wouldn't want the behavior changed to make it more idiot-proof.
Keeping idiots away from the network is a management problem, not
a technological one.

Tony