Re: [nsp] GSR TLB ???

From: Eric Osborne (eosborne@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 08:45:58 EDT

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 10:07:42AM +0100, Kevin Gannon wrote:
> Scott
> Thanks for that as a matter of interedt what does it do ??

http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=tlb
It's a CPU thing; we use it on all our MIPS-based devices (any router
that says "Rx000 CPU at yyyMHz" in sh ver)

To answer some of the questions that may come shortly:

- no, we don't swap out memory pages, because of course we have
nowhere to swap to

- no, I am the wrong guy to talk to about getting a hard drive on an
RP - talk to your account team :)

- yes, we do derive some benefit from using the TLB

> Purely curious we havent hit a problem otherwise I would
> be talking to the TAC. One of those over coffee things.

Cool. Yeah, TLB INIT is completely normal when a card resets.

eric