[nsp] IP tunneling for particular protocols?

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz (map@internet.org.ph)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 09:04:59 EST

Hi,

Assume I have a colocated setup in the US and buy IP transit from there,
and have a private line to a satellite provider.

Would it be possible to capture certain packets based on port number -
especially HTTP, FTP and Napster - encapsulate, then send through the
satellite provider to a certain IP here on the other side of the Pacific.

Over here, I would take the original packets out of the encapsulation and
send them off to the original destination.

Feasible?

--

http://www.internet.org.ph The Philippine Internet Resource http://www.ASARproject.org Who isn't peeved at ERAP?

Mobile Voice/Messaging: +63-917-810-9728