[nsp] WRED enquiry

From: Eric Chan (bigeric@hknet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 22:33:26 EST

as i know, WRED can help to avoid congestion by droppoing packet randomly based on ip percedence.
Supposed that i have applied the WRED on my wan link, i can set ip percedence for outgoing traffic(from my own as), however,it is not possible for me to change the ip percedence of incoming traffic(from other as). i am a little bit confused on this point, if most of the traffic is attributed by incoming traffic(from other as), does WRED still work ??

thanks

eric