[nsp] traffic engineering w/MPLS VPNs

From: Scott.Keoseyan@BroadWing.com
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 10:51:49 EST

Hello,

I am trying to implement traffic engineering tunnels in a lab environment to
force traffic from specific VPNs across specific links, without any success.
Does anyone have any examples of how this is done?

I can engineer traffic for destinations in the main routing table but not
for any destinations in any of the VRFs. When I try to build a TE-Tunnel
for a destination in a VRF, it simply does not come up. The path signalling
using RSVP seems to also work fine for destinations in the main routing
table but will not work for any destinations in any of the VRFs.

I guess what I am asking is, how do I build a TE tunnel for a particular
destination associated with a VPN and force that VPN to use a strict path
first and then failover to another?

Thanks,

Scott

--
 Scott A. Keoseyan (sak@broadwing.com)
 Principal Engineer - Lab Services

* Company name mentioned for identification purposes only. These ramblings are my own opinions