Re: Fwd: Re: [nsp] Experience with NSE-1 and IOS 12.0S?

From: Tom Vo (tomvo@cisco.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 19:56:14 EST

NSE-1 H/W will come up fine on non-supported IOS branch, but PXF
functionality will be disabled (NSE will come up as NPE default)

As far as PXF concern - you need to have the correct feature
that was announced, else the PXF will punt the packet to RP for
CEF switching instead of accelerating it.

I did see one issue with PXF regarding to ISL (not supported,
and should punt, but instead we dropped it due to un-calculated
inner CRC).

Please provide detail of PXF problem and IOS version if you
have problem with NSE-1/PXF.

Tom