Re: [nsp] 'permanent' keyword in 'ip route'....

From: Elijah Kagan (elijah@netvision.net.il)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 06:37:56 EDT

A clarification on this matter......

It looks like for a 'permanent' route to appear in the routing table, its
related interface has to come up at least once. That is, when you add a
'permanent' static route to a shut down interface it won't be seen until
the interface is brought up. After that, you may shut it again and a route
stays. "Clear ip route <net> <mask>" removes it until the next 'no shut'.

Is that the expected behavior?

-- elijah