Re: [nsp] Cat6K/OSR PFC2 not getting L2 info

From: Andre Gironda (andre@operations.net)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 01:29:01 EDT

No, but that's extremely interesting.

Are there any other problems you have
found with the SUP2/PFC2 and/or MSFC2
architecture? I've seen the architecture
and it seems overcomplicated. "Life
of a Packet" is probably the most
complex methodology I've ever seen
implemented (at least with Cisco).

Last I heard, though, SUP3/PFC3 is not
going to be available until next year
(maybe EFT CY2002Q2).

Does this bug affect SupIOS (Native)?
That's the direction Cisco is going
with the OSR anyways, and it seems
the logical choice (e.g. the EoMPLS beta
showcase at SuperComm works on SupIOS).

Also if you know further details on
the hardware/software besides what's
already listed, I'd like to try to