RE: [nsp] Requesting comments on 7401 pricing

From: Siva Valliappan (svalliap@cisco.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 14:28:49 EDT

this shouldn't be the case. provided that you can download the
NAT translation table entry into the PXF path, the NAT translation
is done without a perfomance hit.

some useful commands to troubleshoot what is happening would be:

show pxf info
show pxf feature nat stat
show pxf feature nat entry
show pxf acc sum
show ip nat stat
show proc cpu

it may be (if you are hitting the 30 kpps @ 320 megs) you are hitting
the limitation of the PA-GE. the PA-GE is a connectivity solution
and does not give you wire rate performance. the IO based GE interfaces
and the GE interfaces on the 7400 can give you much higher performance.

regards
.siva