Re: [nsp] ip cef load-sharing algorithm { original|tunnel|universal }

From: Hank Nussbacher (hank@att.net.il)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 01:34:04 EDT

At 17:53 02/08/01 -0700, Josh Richards wrote:
>Am I just not seeing where this parameter is documented?
>
>If I'm just being blind, someone have a pointer? Otherwise anyone at Cisco
>got some input on this command?

Actually, the entire cef/dcef/route-cache thingie and the interdependencies
is poorly documented.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/tuning.html
makes an attempt but doesn't go far enough. There are so many things
undocumented or just word of mouth that Cisco should put together a doc or
FAQ on the matter. Stupid things like when you do a "sho ip switching" and
see a line with Auton/SSE in it, it is NOT autonomous switched/silicon
switched - but probably is distributed switched (dcef) packets. Or what
runs on the VIP and what runs on the RSP.

-Hank