Re: [nsp] TCP connections randomly reset

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 19:21:40 EDT

Try "sho buffers" and have a look at your Fa0/0 and Fa0/1. It's possible you
get many throttles and drops on them. Get latest eng build of 12.0S or 12.2,
if you not doing any ISDN dial-in into them (ISDN dial-in with PRI is *very
badly* broken in 12.1 and 12.2 - we're busy trying to dig to the roots of
this.

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 05:43:38PM -0400, Blaz Zupan wrote:
> We've been running 12.0(14)S2 on a 7206VXR with a NPE400, 2FE I/O controller
> and a PA-2E3. We started to experience some very weird problems. Incoming TCP
> connections (like web requests for our web server or POP3 connections comming
> from outside our network) were being randomly reset. Thus, if you try to
> connect three times in a row, twice you just get a "Connection refused" and on
> the third try the connection succeeds.
>
> The interesting part is, that this only appears to be happening to connection
> comming through one of the links on the PA-2E3. There are no ACL's on that
> link in any direction, actually the only thing configured on it is the IP
> address. We're not running CEF.
>
> My first step was to upgrade to 12.0(17)S. After the reboot, everything seemed
> ok, for a couple of hours. After a couple of hours, again complaints started
> to pour in. This time I just rebooted the router and everything was fine
> again.
>
> I looked through the 12.0S caveats but did not find anything obvious. Anybody
> seen something like this and found a solution?
>
> I'll probably do a last try with 12.0(18)S, otherwise I'll jump to 12.2(3),
> which I'll need because of VPDN anyway...
>
> Blaz Zupan, Medinet d.o.o, Trzaska 85, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenia
> E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386-2-320-6320, Fax: +386-2-320-6325

---end quoted text---

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au