RE: [nsp] l3 switches and router

From: sthaug@nethelp.no
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 02:11:14 EDT

> > For another take on this, look at how the 6509 switch in the NEBS chassis
> > becomes the 7600 router :-)
> so....in your opinion there's no significant different between l3 switches
> and router....or have any idea ?

My point (and that of several others on the list, as far as I can see) is
that you can't choose based on the "L3 switch" vs. "router" designation.
You need to look at your requirements, and then choose the box that best
fits those requirements. Whether that box is called L3 switch or router
is of no real importance, as long as it fits your needs.