Re: [nsp] error on adding static

From: Mark E. Mallett (mem@mv.mv.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 15:10:56 EDT

> Greetings,
>
> I recall having the same problem. This isn't what you want to hear, but I
> ended up fixing it by doing a write erase, reload and dumping the config
> back in.

There is the issue that some kinds of subinterfaces seem to have
sticky memories for some parameters and truly never go away until you
next reboot the router. I don't think that IP addresses are one of
those sticky things, but one never knows.

Alternatively, you might want to try "show ip route connected" and see
if the suspect address is included somewhere you don't expect.

mm