Re: Pinging across an LSP from Cisco<--Juniper--->Cisco

From: Sean Crocker (scrocker@mahinetworks.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 23:40:22 EDT

Hey Chris,

The fact that cisco as egress says that it's signalling implicit-null but is
really signalling explicit-null is at least a cosmetic bug (possibly worse).
I see it too, and still exists in 18S. I'll ask someone to check into it.

I've never gotten RSVP-TE LSPs to work with cisco as egress and juniper as
penultimate hop. I've been wanting to figure out which side is the culprit.
I'll look at it more this week.

What I _can_ tell you is that I see pings and all traffic transit the LSP
fine as long as the egress ciscos on both sides are configured with "mpls
traf sig implicit", running 16S and 4.4R3.4. Lemme know if you've verified
via debugs/traceoptions that you're really doing explicit-null, and still
have problems.

Sean