Re: [nsp] TCP connections randomly reset

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 02:38:18 EDT

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 08:40:22PM -0700, Barry Raveendran Greene wrote:
> > feature set, and
> > even further bleeding edge than T, which sent shivers down our spines and
> > completely turned down the idea of deploying in on anything live in our
> > network.
>
> Actually, E is not "further bleeding edge than T." 12.1E's release process
> went through a total overhaul about 9 months ago (prompted by several ISPs).
> It dev and regression tests are not as rigorous as 12.0S/ST, but it is
> definitely way better than T.

Good to hear this. If it is indeed true, it prompts for very interesting
perspectives. Thanks for your info.

> So your "source" does not have the correct information.

Well, he's NSA and not DE. So his info may have been not too fresh. ;)

SY,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au