Re: [nsp] ip-switch port map

From: rdanielli (richard@redpill.matrix-i.net)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 15:03:27 EDT

The Cat 2912 XL is a Layer 2 device and is not aware of the IP addresses
that are assigned to the nodes at the other end of any of the wires. The
switch makes all of its packet moving decisions based entirely on the MAC
addresses.

as Jason wrote you will require a Layer 3 aware device to map the IP to MAC
address and then take that list to the switch