[nsp] Basic NAT Question

From: Ken Reiss (KReiss@PortONE.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 13:31:04 EDT

Perhaps I can bother you with a basic NAT question?

I have an 802 ISDN router set up with a static dial-in IP. We're
looking to open all ports on the router to pass through to an internal
IP (except telnet). So I used the following commands:

ip nat translation timeout 1800
ip nat inside source static 172.17.253.2 209.101.148.208

where 209.101.148.208 is the statically assigned IP address (by ISP).
Everything works well, except I can not telnet into the router via the
world side. I am quite sure that in the past I have done the same thing
and had no problems. Perhaps the IOS does something differently? Any
advice?

Thank you very much,
Ken Reiss.

--