[nsp] BGP and coloring prefixes

From: Hank Nussbacher (hank@att.net.il)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 13:58:52 EDT

I have an interesting puzzle which I am not sure can be done with
IOS. Here is the situation:

- you get a /24 coming into your router via BGP
- via some method, *without* going into config mode, you want to color that
specific prefix with something (it can be a community string - or anything
else that a route-map can match against)

I was thinking of announcing from some other box the same /24 with yet
another "flag" which would indicate - if you see this flag, then color any
same length prefix with a certain color. But I couldn't figure it out.

Any ideas or clues?

Thanks,
Hank