[nsp] MPLS & Multicast

From: Pegg Damon (Damon.Pegg@carrier1.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 06:12:34 EDT

Just wondering if anyone has experience of running multicast in a
bgp-free-core mpls environment. I'm working on said context at the moment
and wish to plan with an eye on mpls-vpn multicast enhancements likely over
the next 12 months (based on current Cisco features in EFT and IETF drafts
in this area.) Useful experiences of being tripped up welcome, especially
from recent implementations making the same medium and long-term
considerations. My mpls and (mp)bgp is comprehensive but multicast a little
shakey, hence the query.

A brief synopsis would be that I'm moving to redundant dedicated RR servers
(outside the forwarding path), all edge devices (msdp peers and otherwise)
are ISIS L1 and run BGP, ipv4-uni/vpnv4/ipv4-multi familes. Core bgp being
migrated from existing ISIS l1/l2 and BGP to BGP free. Most of this has
been tested and planned extensively but... :)

Ta

Damon.