RE: [nsp] Cisco 6509 vs Nortel 8010

From: Kevin Gannon (kgannon@lancomms.ie)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 05:12:56 EST

Our experience is that
1)Bug fixes are very slow
2)TAC support is no where near like Cisco TAC
3)The Hardware failure rate is crazy only yesterday
  I had to RMA an RMA for a dead on arrival card.
4)Not all the hardware faults are dead on arrival
  a lot of the faults make you think its a SW problem
  when it is not.

My advice if you want any hair left is avoid it.

Regards,
Kevin