[nsp] WCCP & the 6500

From: Edward S. Desouza (edward_desouza@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 05:31:29 EST

Hi,
 I have a squid box configured for WCCP V1. The Box
works 100 % ok when conencted to a 7500 series box.
However when plugged into a 6509, the cache gets
detected, but the status shows as "not usable"

  Also, have any of you tried rnning WCCP v1 on a
squid box where the home router is multiple hops away
from the cache ? The config does not seem to work in
this scenario with the home router detecting the
cache, but not forwarding any data to the cache.On
doing a debug, I have found that the router is sending
me a 20 byte packet instead of the usual 64 byte wccp
udp packet.

Rgds,
Edward

=====