Re: Odd T1 problem

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 12:41:26 EST

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Jim Warner wrote:

> > I've never seen this happen,... so the circuit is simultaneously
> > up and looped towards the customer.
>
> I once had a video conferencing point to point T1 where the far
> side saw themselves (i.e. looped) but the near side saw the far
> side. I told the trouble desk that the line was half looped and
> they indicated that this was something they could straighten out
> in software. And they did.
>
> I don't think I would know how to do this with a "conventional"
> DSX-1 jack panel. But with computers, you can do anything.

I don't know what was going on, and I'm sure I never will, but it seems
while our tech was on the road between the Z end and A end, after
replacing everything at the Z end, The circuit magically fixed itself.

He arrived at the A end, and without making any changes, we went from A
end up/up, Z end up/up(looped) to everything normal and the circuit able
to pass traffic again.

I just know if I call Bell back and ask them what's going on, they'll say
they haven't even looked at this circuit since yesterday.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |