Re: Odd T1 problem

From: Jim Warner (warner@cats.UCSC.EDU)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 12:15:02 EST

jlewis said:

> I've never seen this happen,... so the circuit is simultaneously
> up and looped towards the customer.

I once had a video conferencing point to point T1 where the far
side saw themselves (i.e. looped) but the near side saw the far
side. I told the trouble desk that the line was half looped and
they indicated that this was something they could straighten out
in software. And they did.

I don't think I would know how to do this with a "conventional"
DSX-1 jack panel. But with computers, you can do anything.