Re: [nsp] OID of sub-interface/Vlan?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 12:49:00 EST

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 12:14:37PM -0500, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
> I don't know the OIDs offhand, but you can view the equiv of a show vlan
> via SNMP.

Hmmm, I admit that I have no idea what a "show vlan" does. On all my
machines, with subinterfaces or on Cat 5 RSMs that have a lot of
"interface vlan ..." interfaces, show vlan just shows:

Cisco-M-XI>sh vlan

No Virtual LANs configured.

but:

Cisco-M-XI>sh ip int brief
Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status
Protocol
Vlan0 127.0.0.10 YES manual up up
Vlan1 195.30.0.116 YES NVRAM up up
Vlan2 195.30.1.118 YES NVRAM up up
Vlan3 10.17.254.254 YES NVRAM up up

This is on a RSM, which has proper "show interface" statistics - only the
ISL/802.1q subinterfaces on other platforms didn't have that, until recently.
I have been told that 12.2T *does* have subinterface counters, which would
be a Great Thing. I can't verify it right now, though.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de