[nsp] T3 clear interface?

From: Deepak Jain (deepak@ai.net)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 17:18:41 EST

I know its common practice to clear the interface/controllers on both ends
of a circuit that suddenly goes down without a fiber cut to blame. It
doesn't always work, but it does sometimes.

What does this actually do and why do these fixed speed circuits actually
get into trouble and need it?

Today I saw the first circuit in _recent_ memory need it, and the problem
was resolved even before WCOM finished opening the ticket. They are going to
test, but I want to make sure they test the proper behavior(s).

Thanks,

Deepak Jain
AiNET