Re: [nsp] T3 clear interface?

From: Blaz Zupan (blaz@amis.net)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 17:28:34 EST

> I know its common practice to clear the interface/controllers on both ends
> of a circuit that suddenly goes down without a fiber cut to blame. It
> doesn't always work, but it does sometimes.
>
> What does this actually do and why do these fixed speed circuits actually
> get into trouble and need it?
>
> Today I saw the first circuit in _recent_ memory need it, and the problem
> was resolved even before WCOM finished opening the ticket. They are going to
> test, but I want to make sure they test the proper behavior(s).

Possibly related to CSCdv67410? We just upgraded our 7206VXR with PA-E3 to
12.2(7.5) to fix this particular problem (crossing my fingers it survives the
weekend). Check out the console logs for "MUESLIX-HALT" messages and at "show
controller interface serial x/x" for the counter at "Microcode fatal errors"
which should always be zero, if it's not zero or if you see the MUESLIX-HALT
messages, it is definitely CSCdv67410.

Blaz Zupan, Medinet d.o.o, Trzaska 85, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386 2 320 6320, Fax: +386 2 320 6325