RE: [nsp] CSCdw65903

From: Chris Whyte (cwhyte@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 13:58:07 EST

This is the new throttle branch release process I mentioned 3 or 4
months ago (of which, when I mentioned it, most people thought I was
smoking dope). They are bug fix only releases that are built per
customer request. Now this could have changed slightly but last I heard
was that they are going to keep 4 throttles open per release. I believe
this decision was made after 16S already had 4 open throttles - not sure
though.

So, for example, we requested 12.0(18)S3 to be built for us. And,
interesting enough, it's been the cleanest, most successful IOS
deployment we've had by a long shot. My experience in dealing with this
new throttle branch release process has been very positive. Mind you,
it's not perfect but a significant difference from the past.

Again, I'll recommend that people educate themselves about this process.

Thanks,

Chris