[nsp] Basic Routing Question

From: Ken Reiss (KReiss@PortONE.com)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 11:48:46 EST

If I may ask a quick questions of the group...

I have 3 access servers with 48 IPs each for modem pool and one IP for
the unit, all in the same class C. Most users get an IP from the pool
for each AS, but some users want static IPs so we have radius assign
them (in the same class c) and all is well.

However, we had to assign static IPs for a new user in a difference
class C. When the client connects they are authenticated fine and given
the IPs and the AS can talk to them. If they come into the same AS
every time, all is fine. However, our gateway router into which all the
AS's go doesn't route to this user, if they come into a different AS.

I have the ARP timeout on that interface of the GW router set to 900, so
within 15 minutes it starts working. Without shortening the arp timeout
to something ridiculous like 30, Is there a way for the AS to update the
GW router with the new route, when the client comes into a different AS?

Is this RIPv2? Or is there another/better way to do it?

Thank you for your time and help,
Ken Reiss.