Re: [nsp] OT: Tunnel over my router

From: Christian Vogel (chris@obelix.hedonism.cx)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 14:04:13 EST

Hi Peter,

> How can i find a tunnel over my router. At the docus are no hints, but
> correct me if i'm wrong. To set a tunnel is very easy on both side, but
> what's about the routers between ? How could i prevent them. The tunnel
> has no ip address so there is no entry at the routering table where i
> can see, that these are tunneld. Thanks for your efforts

I don't know exactly what you are trying to describe but you do not need
to configure anything on the routers between your tunneling machines as long
as normal ip-connectivity is present. If you want to 'see' these tunneled
packets you will have to look for packets that match the tunnel's
encapsulation (cisco: tunnel mode XXX).

If you need further info, maybe it is helpful if you reply to me off-list
and in german.

        Chris

--
Seeing my great fault