Re: static NAT problem

From: Rick Burts (rburts@netcraftsmen.net)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 12:51:04 EDT

I can neither confirm nor deny that it was part of any test that I ever
took, but ip ospf network point-to-point is a good thing to understand
about OSPF. By default OSPF treats a loopback address as a stub host
and advertises a /32 no matter what is configured as the mask on the
interface. The network point-to-point command instructs OSPF to treat it
as a network/subnet and to advertise the mask that is configured.
This was added to IOS a while back (in 11.mumble if I remember
correctly).

Rick

--
Rick Burts     CCIE 4615  CCSI     Email: rburts@netcraftsmen.net
Chesapeake NetCraftsmen

With 7 CCIEs on staff Chesapeake NetCraftsmen offers services in network consulting and training. Our services include Network Design, Implementation, Troubleshooting as well as Network Management.