[nsp] Mcast routing again

From: Jan Novak (Jan.Novak@dante.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 05:10:48 EDT

Hi,
We have an Cisco to mrouted interoperability problem again (the IP patches
for SUN and newer versions of IOS to avoid DVMRP flooding are already
installed).
WE have two SUN WSs connected via a tunnel with metrics 1. One of these WSs
connects
to the cisco router with metrics 1 and the second WS connects to the same
router
with metrics 5, trying to create backup tunnel for the cisco site in the case
of the WS failure. But, even when the DVMRP on the cisco points all routes to
the main (metrics 1) channel, we see on the cisco incoming traffic about 500
kbit/s
and the corresponding WS realy have some of the sessions not prunned off
on the backup tunnel. In the case of IOS 11.2 the data flow is quite stable
500k,
with 11.3 it is very "peaky". The same topology using the mrouteds (3.8.2 on
our
side, 3.9 on the customer side) does not cause any problems.
Has somebody seen similar problem ??

Thanks for help
Jan