Re: [nsp] Tunnel transfer rate

From: Kenneth E. Gray (kegray@cisco.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 15:08:29 EST

Probably more to do with Novell. Check that the customer is running client
shells and a version of the Server OS that support pburst. Otherwise,
every NCP packet needs to be ACKed. Given your line speed and the double
encapsulation (frame, tunnel, novell), you're results aren't really that
far out of whack for the ACK-per-packet old-shell behavior.

You may also want to turn on whatever you can on the Cisco's to eliminate
or tone down the broadcasting associated with SAP/RIP/Watchdog, etc. and
save yourself some bandwidth. Guides to doing this are in our documentation.