[nsp] Tunnel transfer rate

From: Dimitris Zisiadis (zisiadis@forthnet.gr)
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 08:54:19 EST

Hello all,

we have the following configuration for one of our customers:

SiteA ------- GW1--------GW2------SiteB

Our GWs are Ciscos while the routers at the customer's sites are 3com,
therefore :-(
we use Frame Relay between SiteA<->GW1 and SiteB<->GW2
and a tunnel so that SiteA and SiteB are "directly connected".

The customer connects two LANs that also run Novell.
When they try to copy a file they get as much as 8Kbps at the most,
even if there is available capacity along the path (33.6 Kbps customer links,
128Kbps GW1-GW2 link used at 40%).

Sh int tunnel0
gives a 9Kbps speed by default, is this true?
Can we alter that by changing the delay parameter of the tunnel interface
  or do you think it has to do with Novell?

Thanks in advance
Dimitris Zisiadis
FORTHnet