Re: Exponential route prefix growth?

From: tim griffin (griffin@research.att.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 21:08:55 EST

But are the numbers really growing at an exponential rate?
I've tried fitting various curves (using gnuplot "fit") to
Geoff's data, and for the post-April 1997 part (after
the data starts to be collected every hour) the best curve
matches that I can get are cubic growth for number of prefixes
and quadratic growth for number of ASNs.
Now mind you, cubic and quadratic growth are not healthy.
But they're not exponential either.
If anyone can fit an exponential curve let me know. What is
the doubling period?

Cheers,
Tim
http://www.research.att.com/~griffin