group's topics

From: abha ahuja (ahuja@umich.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 00:54:49 EDT

<i'm forwarding this note on behalf of Avri...>

Hi,

Not to minimize the crticial nature of the topics that are already
included in the groups charter. Or the fact that a solution to these
is not something easily reached. But I am wondering if there is room
for another topic.

One of the issues I find myself bumping into is the difficulty folks
have in configuring the policies in a network in a consistent and
tractable way. I think this is partly due to the fact that there
isn't a standard model for describing the policies between ASs. There
is certainly a language, but no consistent model for the policies to
be based on. Would it be reasonable for the irtf-rr to include a
sub-group working on this sort of issue? I.e. a coherent model of
constraint policies and the networks they create.

a.

- --

Avri Doria
+1 401 663 5024