Re: OSPF: Performance benchmarking

From: Rohit Dube (rohit@xebeo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 10:18:58 EDT

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 06:26:58 -0400 "Manral, Vishwas" writes:
=>Hi folks,
=>I was going thru the IRTF archives. I saw "routing convergence, stability
=>and scalability" as one of the topics to be discussed on this list.(
=>http://puck.nether.net/lists/irtf-rr/0118.html )
=>The question may not fall in the perview of the list, however i guess this
=>is one forum where I can get appropriate information. I would like to know
=>whether there are any standard ways to benchmark IGP performace (which
=>includes the above three), I am interested in OSPF specifically.
=>By the way I have gone thru Chengiz draft on convergence.
=>Thanks a lot,
=>Vishwas

Vishwas,

You may want to look at
"Routing Stability in Congested Networks: Experimentation and Analysis"
http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000/conf/abstract/5-1.htm

This is work that I and a few colleagues did a while back. May not
be a 100% relevant to you but I am sure you will find some interesting
bits in there.

Hope this helps,
--rohit.