Re: requirements sub-group draft

From: Kastenholz, Frank (FKastenholz@unispherenetworks.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 01:55:00 EST

At 03:10 PM 12/11/01 -0700, Alex Zinin wrote:

>Noel:
>
>> I will actually attempt to read this and generate real comments, but the
>> title alone gives my first rant: please strike the word(s) "Inter-Domain"!
>
> From the document:
>
>> 9 Acknowledgments
>>

>> This document is the product of the IRTF Routing Research
>> Group’s sub-group on Inter-domain routing requirements. The
>> members of the group are
>>
>> Abha Ahuja Danny McPherson
>> J. Noel Chiappa David Meyer
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Not sure how to interpret this...

Simple. The subgroup doing the documents worked with a
rough 'document' that did not have all the pretty
boilerplate, etc, until late in the process - roughly
halfway between 9/11 and when abha passed away in fact.
The final editing/review was not as focussed as it might
have been because of these tragedies.

We (Sean and I) felt that getting this document "out"
was important, especially given the RRG's meeting
on thursday here at the IETF, so it got sent without as
much of a final review as it might have otherwise had.

Frank Kastenholz