Re: requirements sub-group draft

From: demir (demir@usc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 10:18:54 EST

Frank,
I don't think inter-domain and intra-domain routing are fundamentally
different. However, when "management and operation" of domains are handled
by different "administration," then "design", "control factors,"
requirements, protocols, etc diverges (becomes different). Let's
assume, one intra-domain is composed of more than one "Differentiated
Services domain.". As a result, routing of intra-domain migt look
like "inter-domain" depending on the design and architecture. To me,
routing itself is a fundamental concept in networking. "Domain"/"Hierarch"
creates "internal" and "external" "information."

Alper K. Demir