Re: group's topics

From: ad (avri@apocalypse.org)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 10:52:32 EDT

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Shane Kerr wrote:

> While I think improving policy description would be nice, wouldn't it
> make more sense to do away with as much of the hands-on configuration
> as possible? I'm not talking about making tools to configure routers
> from a model, but rather a routing technology that doesn't require
> constant human intervention.

I think that decreasing human intervention is a good thing. In fact a
great thing. But I think that doing so will require that we first have a
consistent model. Even if the routing architecture were totally revamped
in the directions suggested (that might be mild word) by Noel, i think we
would still need a consistent model for defining and expressing the
constraint/policies between the
(nodes/areas/ASs/ADs/clusters/whateverwecallthem).

a.
(trying to send from another address)