Re: requirements sub-group draft

From: Jeffrey Haas (jhaas@nexthop.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 12:21:39 EST

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 07:44:31AM -0800, Yakov Rekhter wrote:
> I certainly don't recall such an agreement. In fact, I disagree with
> the statement that inter-intra domain split is "A Bad Idea".

Perhaps a good question to ask is, "Are there differences in convergence
properties at the different 'levels' of network hierarchy that warrant
differentiation in the topology distribution in the protocol?"

Someone else noted that they really just want one protocol with
N arbitrary levels of hierarchy. We definitely don't want N protocols.
One protocol may not fit all. Two (IGP/EGP) may not fit all, but
works "relatively" well.

But I digress. Requirements were being discussed, not implementations.

--
Jeff Haas
NextHop Technologies