rrg structure

From: Sean Doran (smd@ebone.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 15:09:03 EST

After quite alot of discussion and some experimentation, Abha and I had
decided to model the Routing RG _loosely_ after the Routing Area of the IETF.
Some of this arose from the desire to create focused research-oriented
groups which did not need the heavyweight mechanism in RFC 2014
research group creation in order to structure their activities.

As noted on the RRG's web page (which I admit needs some editing),
there are several activities happening simultaneously, in various
focused subgroups. One of them was the group in Abha's message
that Randy quoted, which was further divided into two groups
who have written some interesting text, which will be presented
on Thursday.

While it continues to work reasonably well, you should expect
to run into ad hoc subgroups' reports from time to time, and
to encounter more long-lived "WG-equivalents" like the micromobility
subgroup, which is also making a public report on Thursday.

        Sean.