Group B comments (was Re: Poke Poke...)

From: Howard C. Berkowitz (hcb@gettcomm.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 13:06:11 EST

Speaking as a coauthor of the Group B document, it's going to get
extremely confusing if we get individual comments in a thread that
started out referring to Group A. Our drafts should appear in the
I-D archive in the next couple of days; it was sent in on Friday.

At 11:43 AM -0500 3/4/02, Lloyd Wood wrote:
>On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Tom Scott wrote:
>
>> was typo. this url works:
>> http://partner.unispherenetworks.com/rrg/
>>
>> Regarding Group B, I'd like to draw attention to section 10.9:
>>
>> Is it possible to apply a control theory framework, and analyze the
>> stability of the control system of the whole network domain, for e.g.
>> convergence speed and the frequency response, and then use the
>> results from that analysis to set the timers and other protocol
>> parameters.
>>
>> Control theory could also play a part is QoS Routing, by modifying
>> current link state protocols with link costs dependent on load.
>> Control theory is used to increase the stability of such systems.
>>
>> At best, it might be possible to construct a new totally dynamical
>> routing protocol solely on a control theoretic basis as opposed to
>> the current protocols which are based in graph theory and static in
>> nature.

One of my coauthors wrote that particular section, so I don't want to
second-guess him. But I'd be awfully hesitant to say that ANY
approach is "the solution" until we have a consensus on the
requirements.