Re: mobility

From: yong.b.jiang@telia.se
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 07:26:45 EST

I would also like to have my comments on the mobility requirement from
the Group B's draft.

Here is the original text:
" 4.9 Host Mobility

        In the Internet Architecture, host-mobility is handled on a
        per-host basis by a dedicated, Mobile-IP protocol [6]. Traffic
        destined for a mobile-host is explicitly forwarded by dedicated
        relay agents. Mobile-IP [6] adequately solves the host-
        mobility problem and we do not see a need for any additional
        requirements in this area. Of course, the new architecture
        MUST NOT impede or conflict with Mobile-IP. "

It seems that the authors consider Mobile-IP is already the solution for
Host Mobility. I'm sure there are many other solutions for solving
Inter-network mobility. Mobile IP is only one of the forwarding mechanisms
of realizing host mobility. Requirements cannot presuppose solutions.

/Yong

--
+46 8 713 8125 (office)
+46 70 3487200 (mobile)